- Personal Information that you provide is collected. This information may involve your name, phone number, mailing address, email address, user ID, owner account information, online identifier, and certain demographic information. Information may also be obtained through third parties; this includes associates and sellers.
- Contact Information consists of data that can be used to contact or identify you. Instances of this include your name, address, phone number, email address, owner account information, online identifier, user ID, demographic information, and social media IDs.
- “Usage Information” is collected and stored about how you use our website. This information may involve the name of the browser and kind of device you are using, the title of your internet service provider, the IP address and the website that suggested us to you, and the pages you visit to help us manage and improve our website.
- Cookies are used on our website. These individualize your experience on our website and modify our communications with you.
- Product and Service Data contains vehicle ownership records associated with your current or preowned vehicles. Examples include vehicle ownership transactions, warranty records, repair order records, recall records, part order records, and any enticement offers that you may accept.
- Interaction and Feedback Data includes information concerning your communications with Belize Diesel & Equipment Company Ltd. via telephone, email, text, chat, or postal email.
- Online Activity Data consists of information regarding your online interactions with Belize Diesel & Equipment Company Ltd. Examples include your browsing history on Belize Diesel & Equipment Company Ltd., information collected from the platform’s cookies, publicly available social media information, and IP addresses.
- Marketing Interaction Data consists of information concerning your pre-and post-sale marketing interactions with Belize Diesel & Equipment Company Ltd.
- Payment Information consists of payment-related information about your purchase of products and/or services from Belize Diesel & Equipment Company Ltd. Examples include payment platform number, or credit card number.
- Research Data includes data collected by Belize Diesel & Equipment Company Ltd. related to their customers and product research. Examples consist of data you provide as part of a focus group and your responses to surveys.
- Legal Activity Data consists of information composed in association with legal claims. These may include information relating to debates, claims, compensations, and recalls.
How We Collect Information
Personal Information is collected through a variation of ways, contingent on your communication with us or certain third parties. Information may also be complemented with what we accumulate about you directly and/or through our platform with information that we receive from third parties.
- Personal Information may be collected directly from you. This can occur when you subscribe to the services that we offer, use our website, when you submit comments to us or participate in programs, or when you purchase a vehicle.
- Information can be collected through Publicly Available Sources.
- Information may be collected from other individuals. This can occur when a feature on another program permits users to submit information about other individuals. When you invite a friend to partake in a program offered through the website, or forward specific content from the platform, you will be prompted to enter your friends’ email addresses.
- Personal Information may be collected through third parties, including Belize Diesel & Equipment Company Ltd. associates, business partners, service providers, and certain third-party companies. Information from third parties may have been obtained online, offline, or through publicly or commercially available sources. Information may be collected from third parties as listed below:
- Third Party Applications and Websites; social media: You may choose to be involved in a third-party application or feature or use a third-party website where you allow us to collect (or the third party to collect and share) information about you, incorporating online activity data and other personal information. Belize Diesel & Equipment Company Ltd. may obtain information about you if other users of a third-party website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their “connections” or information about you is otherwise accessible through your “connections” web page, profile page, or comparable page on a social networking, other third-party website or interactive service.
- Information may be collected automatically from your devices. Online Activity Data may be collected automatically when you use our website:
- Usage Information. Whensoever you visit or interact with our website, Belize Diesel & Equipment Company Ltd., as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variation of tools that automatically or inactively gather information about how the platforms are retrieved and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information is comprised of browser type, device type, operating system, application version, the page served, the time, the preceding page views, and your use of features on our website. This information helps us keep our website stimulating to our guests and allows us to modify content to a visitor’s interests.
- Using the Device Identifier, we inevitably collect your IP address for the Device (computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device) you use to approach the website. A Device Identifier is a figure that is given to your device when you access a website or its servers, and our computers identify your device by its Device Identifier. We, our associates, service providers, business partners, and other third parties, including authorized dealers, may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, administer the website; help identify problems with our servers; analyze trends; track users’ web page actions over time and across various websites, platforms, or other mobile, online, or offline services; to help identify you, and collect comprehensive demographic information for cumulative use.
- Cookies; Pixel Tags. The technologies used on the website to collect Usage Information, including Device Identifiers, incorporate but are not restricted to cookies (data files placed on a Device when it is used to visit the website), mobile analytics software and pixel tags (transparent graphic images, sometimes termed web beacons or tracking beacons, located on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed). Cookies can also be used to associate you with social networking by using one of their applications either on or associated with our website (e.g., social media login credentials or vehicle configuration shared to social media), you may allow communication between your activities on the website and your activities on such social networking sites. We, or our vendors, may place cookies or analogous files on your device for security purposes, to enable site navigation and to distinguish your experience while visiting our website (such as allowing us to select which ads or offers are most probable to entice to you, based on your concentrations, likings, location, or demographic information).
How We Use the Information We Collect
The information we collect about and from you is used for a variation of business purposes such as:
- Reply to your questions and requests for product information, new vehicle information notifications and catalogs, or to provide you with other forms of costumer support.
- Recommend you significant safety-related information.
- Provide amenities to you, such as the Connected Services to which you have subscribed to.
- Provide and improve vehicle services to you, such as service reminders and dealer support services.
- Allow you to participate in publicity activities, or other programs.
- Provide you with admittance to certain areas and features of the website and your connections with other users.
- Confirm your identity.
- Connect with you about your account and activities on the website or any changes on Belize Diesel & Equipment Company Ltd.
- Offer advertisements to you, including via electronic and physical means, and modify any content, prospects or other offers we serve you, including by providing more relevant content, advertisements, and propositions overtime and across multiple devices.
- Offer other products and services to you that you may be captivated by.
- Internal research, design, marketing analysis, and analytics purposes, incorporating to improve customer contentment and the website, our vehicles and supplementary products, and our services.
- Quality control purposes.
- Conform with the laws or other legal obligations, including for disagreement resolution purposes.
- Conform with license responsibilities.
- For purposes unveiled at the time you offer your Personal Information or otherwise with your consent.
- You can share your location with us, and we can use it for the purpose of providing you with offers and additional information pertinent to your location.
How We Share Information
Belize Diesel & Equipment Company Ltd. will not offer any of your personal information to any third parties without your accord. The company may share non-personal information, otherwise known as aggregate data and usage information with third parties. We may also share your information as disclosed at the time you offer your information, as stated in this privacy statement and in the following circumstances:
- Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf: Belize Diesel & Company Equipment Ltd. may share your personal information with third parties that execute functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our partners) such as service providers that host or operate our website, analyze data, process transactions and payments, fulfill orders or offer customer service; advertisers; sponsors or other third parties that partake in or manage our programs or offer customer service; advertisers; sponsors or other third parties that participate in or administer our program or provide marketing or promotional support and “powered by” partners or partners in co-branded sites. Your personal information may also be used by us or shared with our subsidiaries, associates, guarantors, cohorts, publicists, or other third parties to deliver product information and promotional and other offers.
- Program Partners: Your Personal Information may be shared with our Program partners and used by them in line with their own privacy rules if you choose to participate in a Program. The use of your information by that company is not covered by this Privacy Statement. Additional information on how we may use the Personal Information that you supply to us through your participation in the Program is sometimes included in the rules, terms and conditions, or disclaimers that apply to a specific Program (“Program Rules”). If there is a dispute between a Program’s Program Rules and this Privacy Statement, the Program Rules for that Program will take precedence. Before you supply us with any Personal Information, please read all the information about the specific Program.
- Our Affiliates and Parent Company: We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates. This data is largely exchanged for operational and business objectives. Our affiliates may use the data in connection with their own privacy laws, such as to market to you if you express an interest in similar products or services.
- Our Dealers and Distributors: We may disclose personal Information with our authorized dealers and holding companies, dealer advertising groups, and wholesalers, who may use it in accordance with their own privacy rules, such as to provide services or market to you. We may also collect information from your website visits and share it with our authorized dealers and other third parties in order to provide you with better experiences across Belize Diesel & Equipment Company Ltd.-affiliated, -branded, or similar Belize Data & Equipment Company Ltd. related offerings.
- Your Agreement to Have Your Personal Information Shared: You may be given the option to opt in to obtain information and/or advertising strategies from some other business, or to consent to your information being shared with a third party, such as social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter. If you consent to have your Personal Information shared, the third party will receive it, and the Personal Information you provide will be subjected to the third party’s privacy policies and business practices.
- Business Transfers: Your information may be sold or transferred as part of a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets involving Belize Diesel & Equipment Company Ltd.
Your Privacy Rights, Choice and Access
We give you options when it comes to your Personal Information. If you want to receive e-mails from us about products and other information, we will make every effort to keep your Personal Information current and accurate, as well as give you with options for the e-mail communications you receive.
Advertising/Behavioral Targeting; How to Opt Out
Certain web browsers may have a setting that allows you to tell websites you visit that you don’t want your activities recorded by cookies or other persistent identifiers, a feature known as “Do Not Track Signals.” Although the websites we own and control, including but not limited to belizediesel.com, do not currently react to Do Not Track Signals, you can opt out of our usage of targeting and advertising cookies on our website by clicking on “Cookie Consent Options.” You may also set your browser to refuse to accept cookies. Please keep in mind that disabling these cookies on our website will have no effect on the usage of third-party cookies on other websites that we do not control. Furthermore, even if you choose to opt out of targeted advertising, you will still see ads while browsing the internet. The adverts you view, on the other hand, may be less relevant to you and your preferences.
The website is not intended for children under the age of thirteen. We do not knowingly collect or disclose information from anyone under the age of 13. If we detect at the time of collection that a user is under the age of 13, we will not use or maintain his or her Personal Information without the consent of his or her parent or guardian. If we discover that we have unintentionally collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will take reasonable steps to remove the information from our database.
Security of Your Information and Phishing Scams
We take data security seriously and employ a variety of reasonable security measures to help safeguard your Personal Information. However, no electronic data transfer or information storage system can be guaranteed to be completely safe. Please keep in mind that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you communicate to us, therefore you use the website and give us your information at your own risk. When we gather sensitive data (such as credit card numbers or geo-location data) on our websites, we encrypt the transmission of such information using secure socket layer technology.
This Privacy Statement may be updated to reflect changes in our privacy practices. If we make any significant changes, we will notify you through email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or a notification on our website when they take effect. We invite you to revisit this page from time to time for the most up-to-date details on our privacy standards.